Friday, 14 February 2014

Happy Birthday, Jeff Easley!

Dear Jeff,

(C) Jeff Easley
today is your birthday and I would like to take this opportunity to extend some heartfelt thanks to you. I guess I can safely say that you above all artists have shaped my visions of everything fantasy. Even though your friend Larry's famous fighter with the red dragon from the D&D red box cover was my first glimpse of fantasy art on a roleplaying product, it was your fantastic interior pieces and later work for AD&D and Greyhawk covers that somehow stuck with me and more importantly has fired my imagination on more occasions than I can remember. I think that your pictures emit an organic warmth and life-like feel combined with a sense of dynamic motion and fluidness. To me that's just amazing.
So, for good or for bad, your visions of heroes, monsters, castles, dungeons and all things adventurous have made vivid countless hours spent preparing and playing role-playing games. They will forever stay with me as the iconic depiction of (A)D&D. I have enjoyed these pictures then and I enjoy them still and no less. So thank you for all that awesomeness and let's celebrate your birthday with a (very) small selection of some of my favourite works of art

So, here's to you! Onward to many more years of artistic goodness!

All the best wishes
Yours, Olaf
(C) Jeff Easley

(C) Jeff Easley

(C) Jeff Easley

(C) Jeff Easley

(C) Jeff Easley

(C) Jeff Easley
(C) Jeff Easley


No comments:

Post a Comment